Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chapter 16

“What?” Jon would be confused, people don’t say no to him.

“You heard me no. Yes I’ll accept your training and you’ll teach me everything that goes into managing the band then you have to let go and let me do things my way. Remember all those years ago when you we’re given the honorary Doctorate? You said it didn’t mean much to you because you had never went to school. Well I have. Let me use it.”

“It's hard to let go.” Jon finally admitted. He knew it's gonna be hard letting go but Danielle is qualified.

“I know how hard this is for you Jon.”

”I don’t think you do. This is so fucking hard to trust someone again with the band. Since Faith it's all been me..”

“You don’t trust me?”

“OH FUCK” Jon knew he’s in trouble now. “I just walked into getting myself in trouble didn’t I.”

”It's just a question Jon.”

”Yeah a question that if I don’t answer with ‘of course I trust you’ then my ass is grass and I’m sleeping on the couch for the next month.”

”I don’t play that game Jon.”

”You don’t?”

“Well I haven’t so far in my life.”

”Have you ever lived with someone?” Jon asked.

“Nope.”

”That’s why. Up until now when he pissed you off you just sent him home, now I will be a permanent resident so you’ll send me to the couch. Which reminds me we have to buy a really comfy couch.” Jon laughed having spent a few nights on the one that’s in his house
now and he knew it's not comfortable.

“So Jon you gonna answer my question.”

”I know I was trying to avoid it.”

”Not a difficult question to answer. Do you trust me?”

“You’re asking me to trust you with a $300 million dollar business.”

“Jon I’m asking you to trust me with a band I’ve loved since 1983. I won’t do anything to negatively affect Jovi. Besides you’ll always be just an arms length away.”

”Ok.”

“Seriously?”

”Yep, you become Mrs. Jon Bon Jovi, and you’ll also become Bon Jovi’s manager.”

“Thank you for trusting me Jon.”

”I expect kisses when I see you.” Jon smirked.

“I think I can guarantee that.”

“Well I’m just checking because I sometimes think I know something and it turns out I’m very wrong.”

“What are you talking about?”

“For example. This Left Feels Right. I thought we were giving the fans something they’d love. Instead the comments I got were ‘don’t fuck with our memories’.

“You’ve said that quite a bit in interviews but how could it be that bad I have 3 copies of the album?” Danielle asked.

“Why?”

“One for the house, one for the car and I lost one so I had to buy it again. Then I found the other one.”

“Do you have 3 of all the albums?”

“No”

“Ok” Jon answered kind of relieved.

“The 1st 4 I have 4 copies of.”

“What?!”

“Hey they came out in vinyl, then cassette, then they came out in cd. My cd’s were stolen when I lived in Arizona so I had to buy them on cd again.”

“What else do you need?” Jon asked Danielle going back to the need vs. want conversation they had been having days ago, the idea that she was this much of a fan disturbed him on some small way. Seemed kind of odd to not cringe when hearing her gush about the band.

“Just an ability to laugh with me.” She answered.

“That seems like it will be very easy sweetie.”

Jon and Dani said their goodbyes and went to bed.

0 comments: