Sunday, November 9, 2008

Chapter 4

“You want to hook me up with her because she came from Wisconsin?” Jon asked his brother.

“No she’s real, she’s confident, and doesn’t look like a Barbie doll and she had the balls to tell me to yell at you?” He assured Jon there was a method behind his madness.

“She did huh? About what?” Jon says intrigued.

“Summertime should be played at summer concerts.”

“We didn’t –you’re right.” Jon confirmed after a bit of thought.

“She’s right. She was very upset about that and explained to me why. I told her I’d have you play it
tonight and she told me it shouldn’t be played in December.”

“We can play it and dedicate it to her?” Jon offers.

“Yeah she’ll be in the front row, backstage and our tour guide tomorrow.” David told him by way of saying how much of an impact Danielle had on him.

Jon started playing with the set list and Tico yelled outraged “Why the fuck are you messing with that list again?”

“It's not my fault – Dave did it.” Jon laughs.

Dave walked over to his girlfriend, “Protect me will ya.”

”Oh sure come to me for protection after you get in trouble.” She laughed.

That night during the concert, Dave waved to Danielle, noticing she’s on the side by Richie. Jon notices and is impressed with who he’s trying to hook him up with.

While going through the show, Jon stopped for a few seconds and noticed, Danielle is completely loving life. Jon’s smiling that even though she’s there by myself she doesn’t have a care in the world. He finally moved over – sits on side of stage and says, “You’re Danielle aren’t you?”

“yeah.”

“I heard you have a problem with Summerfest.” Jon smirked that perfect way only he can.
Danielle immediately thought, ‘oh shit’.

“OH yeah busted, you talked to a birdie who talked to me.” The grin got larger.

Danielle looked over at David, ‘Dave you’re dead’ she thinks.

“What I need to know, is what exactly your problem with Summerfest was?” He asked sitting on the stage in front of her.

“You didn’t play Summertime.” Danielle informed figuring maybe he can’t hear her and maybe he’s not really upset that she had the gaul to state her disapproval.

“Do you believe this – she has a problem with us playing in Milwaukee WI at a summer show and not playing Summertime?” Jon would stand up and ask the audience. The audience is quiet and confused as to why they didn’t play it.

“Yeah now that I think about it that makes no sense to me either. I probably was going to change the set list and Tico threatened me.” Jon laughs and Tico does a rim shot and the audience laughed. Finally Jon looked at Danielle again, “Well I’m going to make it up to you.”

“How Jon?” By now Danielle isn’t scared to talk to him it's rather comical she thinks.

“We’re going to play Summertime.” He stated.

“In the middle of the winter?” She asked.

“It may seem strange but you’ll hear Summertime live.”

“The point is summer –outside-open arena 90* when you can enjoy it.”

“So I failed miserably at being a great guy?” Jon asks playfully.

“I never said that- your set planning ability needs help.” Danielle spouted off and even Richie had to laugh.

“Alright young lady another approach. This concert from what the birdie told me this is a birthday present to yourself?” He asked for confirmation.

“Yes.”

“Who’s your favorite member of the band?”

“You?” She responds shyly.

“Alright – I’m giving you the pick, what song would you like me to sing to you for your birthday?”

0 comments: