Sunday, May 10, 2009

Chapter 25

After about an hour of cuddling Jon’s blackberry chirped and he reached to get it. Finding out that Danni has an appointment today at 2 he makes a point of getting her up.

”Hey beautiful it's time we got some errands taken care of.”

“Why?” She mumbled from his arms.

“Because if you like pictures of baby giggles from Liam when we are in Italy you’re phone has to be changed out. We also need to stop at the lawyers office, the accountants office and you have a Dr. appt today at 2 so lets go.”

”Nice way to try to sneak that one in, Jon what’s the appointment for and why do you know about it and I don’t.”

“Well when we were in Wisconsin, remember our talk about kids?” He sat up and looked to her ready to accept a little heat over this.

”Yes and that we don’t know if I can have them so it's not an issue.”

”Del we have to know for sure. Because if you can we need to seriously talk about if we want them or not this isn’t a decision we can make in 30 yrs, not if you want one naturally that is.”

“Ok you are getting away with this, one time. Because this decision affects both of us but if you EVER make an appointment for me or decision for me without consulting me first you WILL be sleeping on the couch even though I don’t believe in that.” She got up and walked to the bathroom naked.

“Del don’t be mad.” Jon said getting out of bed and following her to the bathroom.

“Jon a little privacy please.” She said and shut the door on him.
He’s confused as to why he’s in trouble. They had already talked about the kid thing he was just moving forward on the talk.

When Del exited the bathroom Jon is sitting on the chair by the vanity still trying to determine how he managed to get in trouble.
“Am I forgiven?”

“Like I said you get away with it this time and this time only. Let’s go.”

“Del come on this is bullshit, I’d rather you scream bloody murder at me now than be cold to me all day. What did I do that was so wrong? I was just moving forward on the conversation we had in Wisconsin.”

“Without consulting me.” She almost yelled but by biting her teeth together it just came off harsh.

“Baby we talked in Wisconsin, what do you mean without consulting you?” Jon stated, his voice edging on anger now. If he was in trouble the least she could do is explain to him why.

“Jon just because we talk about something doesn’t mean you can just make decisions about it.”

“I didn’t make any decisions. I just made an appointment for pete’s sake.”

“You made an appointment that is 100% about me without consulting me.” Del raised her voice.

That would be the end of Jon’s patience. He grabbed Del’s left hand and none to gently yanked it around to put it right in her face. “I hate to burst that beautiful little bubble you seem to enjoy living in – but sweetheart nothing in this world is strictly about you anymore and you damned well better let that sink in because this fight is getting very old. When you want to be a wife and part of this couple come find me.” With that he stormed out of the room.


Del stood there dumbfounded. Absolutely astonished that Jon’s temper got flared up. She decided that she couldn’t let this go so she started walking around the house to find him. Eventually she came to find him in what looked like the sole forgotten room of the house. As she opened the door and saw him sitting on what could be mistaken for dorm room furniture she quickly was overcome with the aroma in the room. Powerful, pungent and unmistakably old. It smelled like this room hadn’t been cleaned and cared for with the same diligence as the rest of the house.

“Will you talk to me?” Del asked Jon.

“Are you going to talk or yell? I’m part of this relationship too.” Jon told her leaning over his guitar.

“I know Jon but this is an appointment of a very personal nature.”

“OH and making a baby with someone isn’t the most personal thing you could do?”

“We hadn’t decided if we wanted one or not.” Danni clarified for her sake not Jon's.

“Danielle, I’m going to say this bluntly and I don’t mean to be rude or insensitive but me being gentle obviously isn’t getting the message though and I’m all out of patience. It is absolutely useless for us to continue down a road of conversation pertaining to if we want a naturally conceived child until we know if you can have one. Period. So the first step in us going any further with a hypothetical kid would be to find out if we even have the option to have a lot of sex and make a baby. If not then we have to take our conversation in other directions. So my dear this appointment is personal – but it's personal to both of us. I have just as much right to know if you can get pregnant as you do, you’re my wife. If you get pregnant it's going to be by me. So suck it up, get over it and go get an exam today at 2pm.”

“You’re an ass.” She said with a smile on her face.

“Danielle you love my ass who are you trying to kid?” He smiled at her and then his look finally softened.

“Ok are you ready to go do the errands now?”

“Yes.” Jon put his guitar down and stood up taking her hand. “Thank you by the way.”

”For what?” Danielle is now completely lost in the conversation.

“For asking me earlier about what to wear. I know it doesn’t seem like much to you but I appreciate that you’ll let me set the tone for these meetings since they are with my employees until you sign the papers then yours too. Just thank you for checking with me like you did. I appreciate your concern for what impact our marriage has on my career.”

“Jon I also know there’s most likely going to be paparazzi outside our gate.”

“We’ll take a vehicle with tinted windows you’ll be fine.”

They manage to get into one of the vehicles and leave the property without the paparazzi getting a look at her.

“Can you explain to me what that room was I found you in? It doesn’t look anything like the rest of the house?” Danni asked her man.

“It's my music room. Or at least it's supposed to be. I wasn’t allowed to leave guitars all over the house or music books or anything, she’d pile them all in one room, when the guys would come over we’d be banished there if we wanted to play.”

“So why hasn’t it been cleaned? Jon the room has an odor that’s not all-together pleasing.”

“Oh she’d just forget it was there I guess.”

”For a world class musician and songwriter you shouldn’t be banished to a room on the other side of the house.”

”You gonna fix that?”

”If you’re good I just might.” She smiled.

0 comments: